Once in a while, I get a bee in my bonnet, set myself a task and no matter what start and do not stop until it is done.
Last weekend, I decided I had enough of looking at my dreary but practical dresser and to do something with it.
Firstly, I went off to Home Depot where I found primer and a paintbrush.
I highly recommend the primer Zinsser... brilliant really and dries quickly. In fact I only needed one quart for the whole dresser !!
One layer of paint and all is done... ready for the next step..
Once primed, I removed all the drawers and went off to find some paper that I could decoupage the drawers with.
All I needed was a stanley knife, modge podge (lots of it) and some foam brushes.. and of course a roller to get rid of any air pockets which I couldnt find so used my hand !!
One of my favorite stores is Paperchase. I found these really beautiful hand made papers and decided to mix and match them on different drawers.
I just adore all these hand made papers and even more so with their imperfections which just give it a bit more character...
I started with each drawer, making sure I applied enough modge podge and got every air socket out which lurked behind each page.. and especially the edging which is important to make sure its perfectectly flat and straight where you have to trim with the knife once dry.
Once everything was done, all the drawers covered and sealed with a layer of modge podge, I then found some glass knobs to add the final touches..
All done... from a drab black dresser to a white and beige feminine dresser all within a day ....
Voila... no longer a eye sore ..